Bring the World to Your School
Teacher USA is a designated Bridge USA/J1 visa sponsor by the U.S. Department of State. We recruit qualified teachers from 32 different countries to teach for one to five years in the United States. We issue the required DS2019 document needed for our exchange teachers to obtain their J-1 visa allowing them to teach, full-time in an accredited public or private U.S. primary or secondary school (K – 12). Teacher USA is the newest program started by CCUSA, Inc.
Why Become A Host School
Enhance your learning environment by hosting an exchange teacher.
- Host schools must be an accredited primary and/or secondary school in their state.
- Host schools must demonstrate initiates to embrace the culture of their exchange teacher and share it with their school community.
We have two program options for our exchange teachers and host schools to choose from.
- INDEPENDENT OPTION – If you have already interviewed and identified an exchange teacher you would like to hire but need a sponsor, have your exchange teacher email us their CV/resume and a copy of their job offer and we’ll take care of the rest!
- PLACEMENT OPTION – If you have job openings and would like to host an exchange teacher at your school, contact your Teacher USA Coordinator. They will assist you by sending you applications to review based on your staffing needs.
Host schools are not obligated to pay any fees to Teacher USA for hosting an exchange teacher through our program. However, we strongly encourage our schools to assist their Teacher USA exchange teachers by helping them pay their program fees. Many schools add these fees as a signing bonus. You pay exchange teachers the same salary and relevant benefits as you would a U.S. teacher. Our teachers arrive with 90 days of comprehensive insurance coverage, with the intent that they would roll over to the host school’s employee insurance once hired.
How It Works
CCUSA Provides the following:
- We recruit exchange teachers from 32 countries.
- We assign each host school a Coordinator, who will assist them every step of the way.
- We screen and select qualified exchange teachers based on their qualifications.
- We verify and vet every exchange teacher prior to accepting them on the program. The application process will include an application, program agreement, references, verification of degree, interview, health history form filled out by a doctor, and a national background check.
- We verify every non-native English-speaking exchange teacher’s English language proficiency through the TOEFL language test and interview.
- We assist the exchange teacher in preparing for their consulate interview.
- Once their visa is approved, we assist the exchange teacher in preparing for their experience on the program including a pre-departure orientation, assistance with travel arrangements, living in the United States, transportation, arrival orientation, insurance and taxes.
- We provide ongoing support of the exchange teacher while on the program including monthly check-ins and midterm and final evaluations.
- We provide ongoing support of the host school by doing periodic check-ins including midterm and final evaluations to ensure the exchange teacher is satisfactorily performing their teaching responsibilities.
- We provide 24-hour assistance while the exchange teacher is working in the U.S.
- We provide travel insurance up until the health insurance with the host school begins.
- We monitor the exchange teacher’s cross-cultural activity component annually. Each exchange teacher must complete the following TWO cross-culture activities per year on the program:
- An activity for the teacher’s classroom, larger host school or host school district population, or the community at large that gives an overview of a cultural aspect of the exchange teacher’s home country.
- An activity that involves dialogue between the U.S. students and students from the exchange teacher’s home country.
Becoming a Host School
Follow the simple steps below to register to become a host school
Your Teacher USA Coordinator will contact you within 24 hours to go over your application and verify that your school meets the program requirements. We will require a copy of your latest accreditation certificate and score.
Once your school has been verified and meets the program requirements, your Coordinator will send you a copy of our Host School Agreement for you to read and sign.
Your Coordinator will start sending you exchange teacher applications based on your specifications and staffing needs.
You contact applicants directly to set up virtual interviews and discuss job openings.
Once you hire an exchange teacher, you will send them a job offer and employee contract.
We will take care of getting them the necessary forms to obtain their J1 visa and social security card.
Teacher USA and the host school will work together to prepare the exchange teacher for living in the U.S.
Sign up today
If you have any questions, please contact us on 1-415-339-2728 x207 or [email protected] for more information .